A knife is invaluable in most situations. When it comes to tactical folding knives, they pair nicely with other tactical gear, such as tactical flashlights, tactical pens, and make the perfect companion to a sidearm. Tactical knives fit into combat jobs, law enforcement, outdoor activities such as hunting, hiking, and camping, and into everyday life too. In this the best of 2020 tactical folding knife blog, we list our top 15 knives and give you an overview of why they made the list. Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
- 1 2020's Best Tactical Knife Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Boker Plus Subcom Pocket Knife
- 1.2 DC Tech Skin Pocket Knife
- 1.3 Contrast AO Tactical Knife
- 1.4 Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS M&P 2
- 1.5 Benchmade HK Knives P30 Assist Serrated/Black Combo Edge Knife
- 1.6 TAC Force TF-705 Series
- 1.7 Columbia River Knife and Tool’s M16-14SFG
- 1.8 Al Mar Black Mini Sere 2000 Tactical Folding Knife
- 1.9 Schrade SCHA4BG Tactical Folding Knife
- 1.10 Smith and Wesson Border Guard 2 Rescue Knife
- 1.11 Cold Steel Ti-lite VI
- 1.12 Benchmade 275 Adamas Tactical Folding Knife
- 1.13 Covert Double Bevel Serrated Tactical Knife
- 1.14 Guardian Tactical HELIX DELTRIX
- 1.15 Microtech Socom Elite Knife, Satin, 5 1/8in — Closed
2020's Best Tactical Knife Comparison Chart
Boker Plus Subcom Pocket Knife
One of the most awesome small tactical knives. This little tool is only 4.5 inches long when opened. It features a short, 1.875-inch blade with a 50 percent serrated edge. The easy open blade deploys quickly via a thumb tab. The small size makes the Boker Plus Subcom pocket knife a perfect second or hidden weapon.
- Total open length is 4.5 inches
- Total blade length is 1.875 inches
- Total handle length is 2.65 inches and features a fiberglass nylon construction for strength and durability.
- Open Overall Length-Inch: 4. 5
- Blade Length: 1. 875
- Blade Edge: Partially Serrated
DC Tech Skin Pocket Knife
The Gerber GDC Tech Skin Pocket Knife offers a lot for that is just under six inches long when opened. The high-quality construction utilizes stainless steel with fine-edge technology and a rubberized skin that helps improve grip even in sweaty palm situations. This knife is perfect for field use by military, law enforcement, and everyday use. It is small enough to be a threat in all hand sizes and the comfortable design makes it a joy to use.
- Total blade length is 2.52 inches and constructed using top-grade stainless steel
- Total closed length is 3.4 inches.
- Total weight is 2.4 ounces offering a light-weight design and a small size for easy carry options.
- Black color decreases glare for improved stealth.
Contrast AO Tactical Knife
Gerber’s Contrast Knife with assisted opening is a top tactical blade that is perfect for combat situations, military, law enforcement, hunting, or as part of a bug out bag. Plus features include an assisted opening mechanism for rapid deployment and the rasp thumb grip on the top of the blade increases strength and grip during plunging strikes. The total length is 7.13 inches making this an easy knife to carry on your belt. The blackout design decreases glare for increased stealth in the field.
- Blade length is 3 inches with a spear point Tanto style design.
- The handle is G-10 rated and sculpted to fit comfortably in your hand.
- Total weight is .8 ounces offering light weight and comfort both while in use and while stowed.
- Belt Clip included
- Gerber's Assisted Opening 2.0 mechanism for rapid deployment
- The G-10 handle creates a super light body that’s impervious to rust and corrosion, resists temperature change, and offers positive grip, even when wet
- At 3.3 ounces, the Contrast won’t weigh you down, and its 3-inch blade means it can work smoothly around big jobs
Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS M&P 2
Smith & Wesson make a family of tactical knives that belong on every top list. The SWMP4LS is no exception. For a larger knife, it measures 8.6 inches when opened. the wide spear point Tanto shank design is durable, deadly, and capable. The handle features comprehensive construction and a spring assisted deployment feature adding to the easy to use features of this knife. This is a perfect tool for military, law enforcement, hunting, adventurers, and preppers.
- Total length is 8.6 inches
- Total blade length is 3.6 inches
- Total weight is 7.4 ounces
- Handle contains an integrated glass breaker and high-grade aluminum construction, safety lock, and an M.A.G.I.C assisted opening mechanism
- Blade is constructed using 4034 stainless steel with 40 percent, rear located, serrated teeth
- DIMENSIONS: 8.6 inch (21.8 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.6 inches (9.1 cm) and a weight of 7.6 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 4034 black oxide high carbon stainless steel with a black aluminum handle with rubber inlay
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip, flipper/finger actuator and M.A.G.I.C. assisted opening making it ideal for everyday carry
Benchmade HK Knives P30 Assist Serrated/Black Combo Edge Knife
The Benchmade HK Knives P30 Assist Serrated Black Combo Edge Knife is a nicely balanced medium-sized blade. The spear point tanto blade features stainless steel construction and a rapid deployment thumb bolt. The total length is 6.75 inches opened and the blade measures 2.95 inches. For a mid-sized knife, you gain a durable tool that is perfect in tactical situations or for everyday use.
- Thermoplastic constructed handle with P30 texture grips. A plus is the index finger steel grip for added strength during thrusting.
- Available in green, tan or black
- Total weight is 3.2 ounces
- Blade construction using 8CR13 stainless steel.
- Lock liner with an easy opening design for faster deployment. Added feature is the thumb bolt for one-handed deployment.
- Locking-liner assisted opening mechanism with thumb-stud opener
- Modified drop-point 8CR13 stainless steel blade
- Black molded thermoplastic handle with P30 texture and tip-down pocket clip
TAC Force TF-705 Series
A beautifully designed tactical knife with plenty of built in features. A plus is the top thumb grip which gives more for during thrusting strikes. Other features include a glass breaker and bottle opener. The TAC Force TF-705 Series tactical knife is perfect for combat situations with speed and durability matter.
- Total length is 7.75 inches with a 4.5-inch handle and 3.25-inch blade. The size is perfect for uniform storage or for use with the included pocket clip
- The handle features a spring assist mechanism for one hand deployment and is paired with a secure lock for combat use. The center strip of the handle features textured grips with slight indentations for added gripping. The somewhat rounded shape of the handle allows you to fully grip the knife for added strength and strikes.
- The 3.25-inch blade features 50 percent rear serrated teeth for added damage and an arced tanto design.
- Spring assist folding knife offers rapid one-handed deployment, locks securely into place with liner lock
- Black half-serrated stainless steel blade
- Aluminum handle with bottle opener and glass breaker for emergencies
Columbia River Knife and Tool’s M16-14SFG
The Columbia River Knife and Tool’s unit features a wide spear point Tanto shank with blackout titanium nitride finish for stealth deployment and no reflectivity. This a large knife with an overall length of 9.25 inches and superior construction. This knife is perfect for military and policy usage and fits nicely into a bug out bag or hunting pack.
- Total length is 9.25 inches when open
- Blade length is 3.875 inches and features Stainless steel shank construction for durability and exceptional field use
- Veff serration covers the rear half of the shank for added damage going in and coming out.
- Handle is G-10 rated with a 2Cr13 shank liner
- Safe And Secure: Automated liner safety provides extra layer of lock security
- Extremely Sharp: Veff Serrations provide superior cutting power of rope and straps
- Exceptional Grip: G10 handle provides exceptional grip in all conditions
Al Mar Black Mini Sere 2000 Tactical Folding Knife
A beautifully designed knife that is both menacing and comforting. As a tool or weapon, this knife is field tested and constructed from top-grade components. The Camo handles is a clue about is tactical potential and offers low visibility. Comes with a black satin finished stainless steel pocket clip for easy deployment. A lanyard hole is present for tethering. This knife is perfect for tactical use, hunting, camping, and work with police, guards, or military personnel.
- 3 VG-10 Stainless Steel Satin Finish for strength and anti-glare.
- Shank is a spear point design with a false edge look.
- Dual thumb bolts make it easy to open with either hand
- G-10 rated handle with textured grips for secure, firm control
- Liner lock featuring a 4-closed system.
Schrade SCHA4BG Tactical Folding Knife
Solid medium sized tactical knife with M.A.G.I.C easy blade deployment. Designed for belt or pocket clip storage with single hand opening. Ruggedly built and solid in the medium-size knife range. The blade features a drop point style and the handle is arched and holds rubber inlay for improved grip. The SCHA4BG Tactical Folding Knife is perfect for professional or casual use. Add this to your bug out kit or wear it every day.
- Total weight is 4 ounces
- Total open length is 7.1 inches
- blade length is 2.8 inches
- Black Stainless Steel blade for anti-glare and stealth deployment
- Machined aluminum handle design
- Black 4034 Stainless Steel Clip Point Blade with Ambidextrous Thumb Knobs and Blade Texturing
- Black Textured Aluminum Handle with Spine Jimping
- Grey Rubber Insert, Safety Lock, Lanyard Hole, and Pocket Clip
Smith and Wesson Border Guard 2 Rescue Knife
Beautifully wicked 10-inch tactical knife with an aluminum handle. Lightweight, yet rugged and durable, this knife is at home in many situations. The Shank features high carbon stainless steel and the handle features a belt cutter, glass breaker, and lock. Perfect for military, police, first responder and daily use.
- Blade is of stainless steel with 4.4-inch length and 40 percent serrated Tanto styling
- Total weight equals 10.4 ounces
- Black color for glare reduction and stealth deployment
- Thumb bolt for easy opening
- Molded handle for both comfort and grip
- DIMENSIONS: 10 inch (25.4 cm) overall length with a blade length of 4.4 inches (11.2 cm) and a weight of 8.8 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel with a black aluminum handle with Trac-Tec inserts
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip and ambidextrous thumb knobs making it ideal for everyday carry
Cold Steel Ti-lite VI
Beautifully long and slender knife with a spear point blade and a handle made for gripping. The handle features seven holes for better grip and lighter weight. Perfect for belt clips or pocket deployment. Outstanding for defensive and offensive use. The longer reach makes it easy to take on larger targets or to hold off potential threats. Perfect for military, police, preppers, and hunters.
- 13-inch total length when opened
- Blade length is 6-inches long and 4 mm wide
- Shank is made from Japanese Aus 8A Stainless Steel
No products found.
Benchmade 275 Adamas Tactical Folding Knife
Comfortable knife with deadly potential. The forged handle fits easily into your hand. The center handle holes allow air circulation to help reduce sweat during use and offers superior grip. It offers a top point that slides into the cutting edge. Perfect for everyday use by hunters, police, military, and belongs in every prepper bug out kit. The light-weight and smaller size make it perfect for all hand sizes. This is a great first tactical knife for teens or for those who are not used to wielding a knife.
- Shank constructed of D2 Tool Steel
- Ambidextrous design
- Thumb Studs for easy opening
- AXIS locking mechanism
- G10 rated handle
- HIGH-QUALITY: The D2 stainless steel blade holds an edge exceptionally well. The G10 handle is durable and stable enough for a wide range of temperatures, making it ideal for tactical use.
- WELL-DESIGNED: Benchmade's AXIS lock is exceptionally strong and fully ambidextrous. The Adamas 275 is a manual knife that can be opened and closed single-handedly.
- COMFORTABLE: The 275 is rugged yet comfortable to hold and use. The reversible pocket clip and Cordura sheath offer ultimate accessibility.
Covert Double Bevel Serrated Tactical Knife
All around versatile blade with a total 8.7-inch reach when open. The knife is light-weight and designed for rugged use. The Blade features a center spear point. The body is slender for easy accessibility and storage. This knife is perfect for defense or offense. The blade is menacing and the overall size makes it easy to pack or deploy. This is a light-weight, but a solid knife that fits nicely into security, police, military uniforms or into hunting packs.
- Total weight 4.2 ounces
- Shank length equals 3.78 inches of cutting space with hind teeth for ripping damage.
- Shank features 154 CM Stainless steel with Titanium coating for reduced glare.
- Roto-Lock pivot hinge for strength and durability.
- Applegate-Fairbairn Covert double bevel titanium spear-style knife
- 154CM blade with titanium nitride coating
- Features uncommon strength and balance
Guardian Tactical HELIX DELTRIX
The Guardian Tactical HELIX DELTRIX is a larger knife measuring 9 inches, open. The wide blade features both a sharp point with a wide angle for maximum piercing damage. It features a nice weight and a slender-ish handle for easy storage and retrieval. Outstanding design for defensive or offensive use. The longer reach makes this a perfect knife for hunters, military personnel, police, and anyone who wants a solid defensive knife.
- A 4″ blade with 3.75″ of cutting surface
- G10-rated handle
- Weight 5.7 ounces.
- CPM-154 Stainless Steel shank for added durability
Microtech Socom Elite Knife, Satin, 5 1/8in — Closed
The Microtech Socom Elite Knife is a larger, bulkier knife that is perfect for bigger jobs. It offers a few points that matter in a tactical situation. The tip is both flat and pointed and the blade shank is wide. This is a knife that does damage. The end-shank teeth rip going in and coming out. This is a solid knife with a good feel to it. It is light enough to not bog you down and heavy enough to cause damage. Perfect for uninformed use such as with military, police and security personnel.
- Used by Special Ops units
- Powdered Steel Finish increases stealth
- G10-rated handle
- Titanium lock bar for rough and ready use
- Ceramic bearing pivot hinge for quick, smooth, and quiet deployment